Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cheer! Sigh! Boo! Hiss!

My life is a regular melodrama these days.

Last night I got an email from one of the guys at the timing chip company. He had to search through the data files to find my time (they hadn't posted one for me) and discovered that I ran Beat the Bridge in 46:12. That's a 9:18 mile! **Cheer!**

I mapped out a new 5-mile run near my house instead of trying to do it on the treadmill again. It was beautiful and very satisfying, and felt good even though I didn't want to do it at first. **Sigh!**

When I got home, though, I was still PMSing, which sometimes makes me crave red meat. So I sent The Boy out for Jack in the Box. One bacon-cheeseburger, small fries, and chocolate shake later, I was feeling both better and worse. **Boo!**

The Boy had to go to bed early, so I did a little freelance work, took a shower, then popped in a Seinfeld DVD, opened a bottle of wine, and ate a piece of chocolate cake. As if I hadn't done enough damage at dinner. **Hiss!**

What do you wanna bet a man in a black cape and top-hat shows up twirling a handlebar mustache and ties me to some train tracks?

No comments: