Friday, June 27, 2008

The Dress at the End of the Tunnel

So there's this darling little boutique called Diva Dollz about three blocks from my office. I pass it often, and they always have these fantastic little dresses in the window. But as I have a weakness for shopping, I have never allowed myself to go in.

But way back in January, when I started this whole journey, I made myself a promise: Once I reached my goal weight, I would go in and buy myself a dress as a reward for all my hard work.

And, voila: on the left, you'll see my little red polka-dot reward. It looks AWESOME on me. I have no idea when I'll wear it or for what occasion (The Boy and I don't go out on the town much anymore), and I really don't care. It's my favorite color, it shows off my curves, and makes me look thin as a rail.

So for once, to heck with practicality. Mama got a pretty new dress.

1 comment:

Machelle said...

Gorgeous! Oh you beautiful doll! Perhaps this is your finish line celebration, since your idea isn't working out...