For the past month or so, my weight has been hovering around 160#. My intention, of course, is to maintain 155#. So I was already a little behind. Then on Monday and Tuesday, I was sick. I went home early from work both days to sleep--and what was my weight yesterday, after only two days away from the gym? 163. Holy crap.
This is a slippery slope, kids. I mean, for awhile, I wondered if I could just be happy with 160, because I seemed to be able to maintain that. But from there I could probably talk myself into 165, and from there to 170, and the next thing I knew, I'd have gained all 30 pounds back.
So! Obviously some things need to change. Madison the Trainer moved to Portland, and I can't really afford another 6 training sessions at the gym anyway (they only sell them in packs of 6), so my strategies are as follows:
- Ask Madison if she'll email me weekly workout plans in exchange for a nominal fee.
- Exchange daily emails with my friend Angela (she of the cold post-marathon pomegranate juice) about my eating habits.
- Start driving to work again. I know it's bad for the environment, but it will double the amount of time I am able to spend at the gym every day (and still get home in time to put the Cricket to bed) and there isn't much of a price difference.
- Stay away from the devil water!
- Start weekly meal plans again. Especially cooking dinner from my Weight Watcher's cookbook.
- Buy myself a new article of clothing once I get back down to my goal.
There you have it, in black and white. I'm hoping the next thing to rise from the ashes will be my self esteem.