Monday, December 31, 2007

Dirty (Big) Secrets

Okay, I said I'd do it, and I'm doing it. As of today, according to the scale I keep in my office, I weigh 183 pounds. And I am currently sitting in my chair wearing a pair of size 14 jeans from Old Navy. There are some size 16 clothes in my closet that still fit.

In mid-December I joined a gym and purchased 8 sessions with a trainer (a Christmas/birthday gift from my hubby). The trainer, whose name is Andre, wrote down my fitness goals. They are as follows:
1. To weigh 170 pounds or less. At 5'10", that would put my BMI in a healthy range.
2. To run a half marathon (13.1 miles) in two hours or less.
3. To fit into these awesome Gap jeans I still have from my skinnier days. I think they're a size 10, but I can't remember. I'll check and let you know.

So, that's it. Now you know: I weigh 183 pounds and wear a size 14. And I vow to you, as God is my witness, that I will never be this big again.

Wish me luck, and keep reading!

3 comments:

BoredTemp said...

OK Sis, I'm on board as long as you promise NOT TO BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT THIS!

I understand the accountability thing - I have a running group that keeps me honest about my workouts and I need them too.

Machelle said...

Another thing to consider too is that it took 9 months to put on the weight, and celebretards aside, it takes about that long or more to take it off.
All best wishes, and many happy veggies and workouts to you!

Amy Engelhardt said...

MORE CHEESE is the secret to everything. : )

Best wishes for an awesome, skinny 2008!

Amy Bob