Monday, December 31, 2007

Wrap It Up (I'll Take It)

All right, kids, here's the deal. Today I was wrapping up my final (and, maybe, fourth, but more on that later) workout of 2007, I came to a realization. You could call it an epiphany, six days early. I am not going to be able to lose this extra weight and get back in shape unless I am held accountable for it. And for some reason, accountability to myself just isn't particularly motivating (probably because I am uniquely talented at justifying every bite of blue cheese that enters my mouth). So that's where this blog comes in. That's right: as of 2:26 p.m. Pacific Time, December 31, 2007, I am now accountable to everyone who reads this blog for my eating and workout habits. The great thing is that you don't have to do anything but read. I already have a trainer; I am my own personal chef; all I need you for is to check this blog every once in awhile and say to yourself, "Wow, I never knew anyone could eat that much chocolate in one sitting," or, "I didn't know she could run seven miles! That's awesome!"

My reasoning here is that, by posting every dirty little secret, I will foster enough embarrassment to make me want to behave myself. I'm hoping that, as my hand approaches my mouth laden with "just one more" Christmas cookie, I'll think, "Okay, but that means you have to post it on your blog." Which of course I won't want to do. In which case I simply won't eat the cookie.

I have no idea if this will work. I told my best friend my great idea on the phone just now and she pointed out, "Well, you could just lie." Yes, I suppose I could. But I won't. Okay?

And in the meantime, I hope that I can also inspire all you other new moms/working women/people who no longer recognize their bodies. I know I can do this. I just need a little motivation.

No comments: