Monday, January 28, 2008

A Game the Whole Family Can Play

Yesterday afternoon, when there was a break in the weather, I bundled up the Cricket and took her for a run in the jogging stroller. When I got home, I did the body-weight workout that Angela designed for me. Usually when I do this, the Cricket is napping, but this time she was awake, so she and the Boy came to the bedroom with me to cheer me on while I worked out.

Much like her mama, though, the Cricket was not satisified with being a mere spectator. So as I did squats, her Daddy stood holding her, facing me, and swung her up and down in time to my movements. It sounded something like this:

"One!"
"Ah yah yah yah."
"...eight!"
"Ah ha ha HA HA!"
"...just one more, Cricket! Fifteen!"
"eeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

The Boy and I could hardly breathe for laughing. I tell ya, if I could have that kid cheering me on for every workout, I would be the buffest woman alive.

2 comments:

Machelle said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

That's too cute!

And the best part, as Cricket grows she'll add more and more resistance when you play "flying baby" and all those other great mommy strength training moves!

Sounds like you're doing great!