Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Take the A-Train(er)

So my new trainer's name is Angela, and may I say...I love her.

First of all, she's about this big (hold your thumb and forefinger very close together), with curly brown hair like mine, and she has somehow found the middle ground between being incredibly enthusiastic and annoying.

Secondly, we have some really odd things in common--like the same last name, spelled the same way, and we live about 7 blocks apart in the same neighborhood. I pass her house every day on my way to and from work.

Third and perhaps most important, she gets that I can't always get into the gym or, when I can, that I can't necessarily spend a whole lot of time there. So she put together a workout made entirely of isometric exercises (I think I'm using the right word: they use your own body wieght rather than weights or machines) so I can do it at home if I need to.

Plus, and this is really just a bonus, she has a great sense of humor, which is something I appreciate in anyone.

Yay!

No comments: