Sunday, March 9, 2008

Goddess Jeans

I had the day off on Friday for International Women's Day (one of the joys of working for a nonprofit: the pay is crap, but they make up for it in vacation and holidays). I spent part of it getting boxes out of the basement and changing over some of my wardrobe. There is now a box down there marked "Fat clothes." It's a beautiful thing.

Another beautiful thing: I tried on the goddess jeans. I haven't been able to wear them for years, and this summer (right after I had the Cricket), I couldn't pull them past my thighs. On Friday, I could even button them up. 

The result is horrifically muffin-top-ish, and I can't really sit down in them... or breathe... or walk without looking like I have a stick somewhere where no one should ever have a stick...but the point is that I was able to put them on! And THAT means it won't be long before I can actually wear them out in public. Woo-hoo!

Sis, maybe you were right...maybe I'll be in them by Easter. Incredible!

2 comments:

Machelle said...

Yay, yay, yay yay yay!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!! Happy Dance of Joy!!!

Love,
Sis