Thursday, April 17, 2008

Committed

Remember when I said one of my goals was to run a half marathon in 2 hours or less? Well, it's time to put my money where my mouth is. Or, more accurately, my feet where my money is.

I just signed up for the SeaFair Half Marathon on Sunday, June 29. It was my little birthday present to myself, to the tune of $65.

I have enough Scottish blood running through my veins that I won't back out of it now that I've spent money on it (we're obnoxiously frugal that way).

So. Off I go!

By the way, I looked at the elevation chart for the course, and the highest point--natch--is at mile 12. *sigh.*

2 comments:

Jenny W said...

Yay! Good for you! You'll do great. I've always said that I'm not running anywhere...unless someone is chasing me with a big knife. But, if I could be there cheering you on, I would!

Anonymous said...

Wow - and I thought I was brave for signing up for a 5K! :-0

Good for you - now train smart!

Love,
Sis