Monday, May 12, 2008

Drinking Out Loud

All right, here's the deal. Food-wise, I have not been very good this week. And I've been hovering desultorily between 157 and 160 for about 3 weeks now.

So I'm setting a short-term goal for myself: For the next week (until I see Angela on Monday the 19), I will only have one alcoholic drink, on Friday night, to celebrate the end of the work week.

There. I've said it out loud, and all of you are allowed to ask me how it's going, remind me of the goal, and chide me if I slip up.

At my Grandma's funeral in April, I found out that not only was she a teetotaler (something I knew), but she was a member of the Women's Christian Temperance Union (something I definitely didn't). So Grandma, help me out, okay?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to empty that flask in your desk drawer at work!

Anonymous said...

Good girl! Now treat yourself to some really good wine so that the one drink really counts!

Love,
Sis