Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nothing but the Kitchen Sink

It may be a bit premature to announce this now (given the nature of building contractors), but by the end of this week, there will most likely be a dishwasher in my kitchen. And by "dishwasher," I don't mean a person (usually me) standing at the sink washing dishes. I mean a lovely, sleek machine into which one places one's dirty flatware and out of which, one hour hence, one extracts it clean, shiny, and ready to use.

That's the idea, anyway.

The reality is that, for at least the next several days, my kitchen is going to be torn up. Which means...can anyone fill in the blank? No cooking! Which in turn means...takeout! Which in turn means...carbs! fat! sugar! salt!

The half marathon is this coming Sunday, which means I'm tapering this week--so I'm not doing all that much exercise to begin with. Add to that an inability to make healthy, lowfat meals, and you have a dangerous combination.

Honestly, I think it's going to be okay. I'll just try to order from the "McSalad" side of the drive-thru menu and hope for the best--and besides, near the end of the week, I'll actually NEED to load up on the carbs and salt so that my body can hang onto its water for the race.

So. Cross your fingers, both for a quick resolution to the kitchen mayhem and for a healthy week of meals in the meantime. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: