Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just Desserts

It's been a wierd week. Monday morning I had to go to the UW hospital to have an ultrasound-guided biopsy taken of some nodules in my thyroid gland. My chances of them being cancerous are very slim, and the procedure itself wasn't terribly painful, but I was unprepared for its huge emotional effect on me. Add to that the fact that I'm PMSing, and you have yourself a pretty calorie-laden few days.

Don't get me wrong: I've been going to the gym faithfully for at least 45 minutes a pop (being careful of my left knee, which is feeling much better after the run-home debacle). But when I get home, I'm tired, freaked out, and hormonal, all of which PERFECTLY justifies a margarita, a glass of wine, and a couple warm homemade chocolate chip cookies topped with ice cream and hot fudge sauce in ADDITION to dinner. Right?

Odd: the scale doesn't agree, judging by the fact that it registered a whopping 158 pounds yesterday.

I absolutely must get out of this funk and stop putting so much crap in my body (she said, heading for the kitchen with corkscrew in hand).

No comments: