Tuesday, August 26, 2008

When the going gets tough, the tough eat ice cream.

Kids, I'm having a rough time. If you have any karma/prayers/extra good thoughts lying around, please use them for my best friend. She's going through a nasty breakup and is potentially suicidal (she attempted once before).

Unfortunately, she lives about 2,000 miles away from me, which means all I can do is call her a lot and worry. And how do I deal with my worry? Let's see...I eat. Crap. I sleep. Too much. I cry. A lot. And I take ibuprofen for the headaches. God only knows what my liver looks like these days.

I realize that there's only so much I can do, that I shouldn't take this so to heart, that "this too shall pass." But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to let go, to make it not my problem. She's the closest thing I have to a sister, has seen me through all the black parts and laughed with me through all the rainbows. If it is in my power, I cannot let her check out of this world. Not without a fight, anyway.

In the meantime, I'll be the one in the corner with the pint of Haagen Dasz. Weight goal, my increasingly large ass.

No comments: