Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So-So

Well, I'm not doing too badly so far this week. Let's check in, shall we?

Goal: No alcohol till the weekend. There was one glass-worth left in the Merlot bottle last night. I drank it.

Goal: Order salad while out for lunch today. Done. The Grand Central Bakery had an absolutely delicious chicken and green bean salad over greens in a lemon vinaigrette. A glass of iced tea and a table outside in the shade, and I had the ideal way to spend a lunch hour on an 84-degree day.

Now, here's the crazy part: you know that pesky gym scale? Yesterday it said 154.8. Seriously. I have no idea how I managed to spend a three-day weekend consuming champagne and wedding cake, NOT running, and still end up back under my goal weight. It wouldn't bug me so much except that I've had weekends during which I have behaved in a manner that would make Botticelli's cute little angels green with envy and still mysteriously gained weight. I am officially finished with trying to figure out how that whole thing works.

Anyway, in the interest of refraining from looking that particular gift horse in the mouth, I am going to the store (after the gym, of course) to pick up the ingredients for taco salads. I'm even going to bake my own high-fiber tortilla chips to go with it. Good AND good for you!

No comments: