Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yahoo 22!

It was recently brought to my attention (thanks, Sis!) that I haven't posted in quite a while. Nearly a month, to put a finer point on it. It seems that life has gotten in the way. Here is a smattering of what has been keeping me busy:
1. A new boss at work.
2. "Being there" as much as possible for my best friend.
3. Volunteering for Barack Obama's campaign.
4. Getting buff.

Oh yeah, you read that last one right. Madison and I have met four times so far, and she's pushing me pretty hard. The workouts are shorter, the reps are fewer, and the weights are heavier...oh, and the muscles are sorer.

But the result? I've knocked out another goal: yesterday my body fat was an even 22%! Considering that I started at 31.7% (and let's keep in mind, shall we, that the American Commission on Exercise considers 32% to be obese), I'd say that's a pretty hefty accomplishment.

Of course, we all know a cubic inch of muscle weighs more than a cubic inch of fat, so although my fat percentage has dropped, my weight has climbed a bit and I'm eating more (at Madison's insistance). This is a pretty tough thing to get used to, as I'm very much a numbers girl (pounds and calories, that is). But as long as these size 8s still fit, I guess I shouldn't complain!

Madison said that perhaps I should change the name of my blog from "SkinnyMommy" to "BuffMommy." I'll consider it.

No comments: